As you might have clocked, dear reader, I’m doing a lot of blogging recently.
I must confess that, though it’s a fair bit of work, I’m really enjoying it!
So much so, in fact, that when an idea was put into mind over the weekend, I thought I’d give it a go; to offer my blogging services to others.
Frankly, I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not – I already have more to do than I have time for – but, equally, the lure of getting paid to do something I enjoy is rather appealing!
So, yesterday I added my profile on Upwork (at a ridiculously low hourly rate but hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?!) and over this week I’ll see how it all works and if anyone would like to procure my keyboard-tapping services.
I share this for three reasons:
- In case you, or someone you know, needs a freelance content writer! 😉
- To demonstrate how easy, and quick, it is to offer your passion/skills to the world in exchange for money
- To show that it’s perfectly fine to risk failing at something (i.e. if I get no clients), especially when you’ve no idea of the outcome
In doing so I truly hope YOU might be inspired to take some positive actions towards improving your situation.
- What have you been procrastinating about doing, or learning, that you could probably just start right now, with what you’ve already got?
- What skills, or passions, could you start offering on Upwork right now?
(i.e. start your own dream business in ten minutes, without going through all the headaches – and procrastination – of actually starting a business!)
- Are you letting fear of failure hold you back from trying something? If so, why? Is failing really that bad?
Now, who knows where this little jaunt into FreelancerLand will take me.
But the destination isn’t really the point at first, it’s getting going on the journey that really matters.
What do YOU think?! Please do share your thoughts:
P.S. Come say "Hi!" to me on: